- Where should I go to report a claim? Who should I talk to? Can I download any possible forms online?
Answer: Follow the instructions to report a claim, and download whatever forms or supplements necessary here.
- What classes of business does Business Risk Services of Ohio, Inc. handle?
Answer: Information about insurance class codes for businesses we entertain, along with a list of prohibited classes business.
- How long does it take to get a quotation from your office?
Answer: Typically, all new business is reviewed within 1-2 business days of receiving. However, we do not review new business until 3 weeks prior to the effective date of the policy.
- Who can I send new business to?
Answer: You can submit new business to anyone in our office via fax at 614-791-0595 or email. Email addresses can be found on the “Agents” page of this website.
- What do you need in order to provide a quotation?
Answer: We always need fully and correctly completed Acord applications. We also need the Business Risk Services supplement that corresponds to the operations performed (we do not accept other company applications!). Any available loss history is always helpful, as well as any information on the Insured’s background and experience in the industry. After an initial review we may request additional information.
- Can you write someone who works in a refinery?
Answer: Unfortunately we can’t write anyone who does any type of work inside or around plants and/or refineries.
- Can you write someone who works offshore?
Answer: No, unfortunately if they do offshore work we typically would not be able to consider. In some cases if the offshore exposure makes up less than 10% of their total operations we may be able to review, but this is on a case by case basis.
- Are they any kinds of consultants you can’t write?
Answer: The biggest reason we decline consultants is if they have supervisory capabilities or if they have the authority to hire and/or fire subcontractors. If they do any supervising/overseeing of others at the well-site or if they supervise the well-site on behalf of others we cannot consider.
- How do I add an Additional Insured or a Waiver of Subrogation to my policy?
Answer: In order to endorse an AI or WOS onto a policy we require an Acord Certificate of Insurance. This certificate must be fully and correctly completed, and must show the entity as having AI/WOS status. We only accept Acord COI’s (no company certs please!) and must have this document in order to endorse.
- Can you provide primary or noncontributory wording?
Answer: NO! We can never provide primary or noncontributory wording on our policies.
Have a question, we haven’t addressed on this page yet? Email us, and get a speedy response!